There has been so much excitement over smart cities ever since PM Modi shared his vision to build 100 smart cities in India. Pune stands second amongst the top 20 cities across India selected in the first round. However, the government is still at the planning stage and it might take years before we see anything concrete. Nevertheless, Puneites are going to have their dream of smart city fulfilled very soon.
A smart city provides all basic infrastructure facilities like roads, economic growth, water and electric supply, secure and clean environment, transport, education, sports, etc. which can facilitate the 360-degree development of an individual.
That pretty much sums up the idea of a smart city. Now let’s see why Pune doesn’t have to wait forever to get all these facilities and much more.
1) Roads: You will have world-class roads with promenades, island plazas and much more.
2) Economic growth: You can build your dream business at the commercial centre, IT Park or take your business to new heights by mingling with the right people at the country club and convention centers.
3) Water supply: You will never run out of water, thanks to a well-laid underground structure to tap underground water and other provisions like water recycling and rainwater harvesting.
4) Electric supply: Self generated electricity ensures continuous electric supply.
5) Security: You will have smart cards so you don’t have to carry cash for anything. There will be CCTV in the common area and at strategic points, a fire station and a police station for a well-rounded secure campus.
6) Clean environment: Sewage treatment and solid waste management ensure you and your family grow in a healthy and clean environment.
7) Transport: Commute becomes pleasurable and healthy again with pollution-free trams, boats, bicycles, buses that will take you anywhere within the campus.
8) Education: CBSE or IB — you take your pick… Your child will surely get a competitive edge over peers with some of the most prominent international schools.
9) Sports: Cricket, tennis, billiards, you name it. You will have access to 9 sports academies and 36 sports with professional coaches and dedicated ground staff. What’s more, 24 of them are Olympic sports.
10) What’s more: All the above mentioned amenities fulfill your needs for daily life, career, education, etc. but what about health and relaxation. You will get 14 theme gardens, 2 private islands and dancing fountains that help you relax and calm your senses, so you are always in the pink of health!
Are you still wondering where you will find all these in Pune?
Well kudos if you guessed DSK Dream City, if you haven’t already, book a tour right now or watch the walkthrough now.